Cooking from Scratch

Cooking from Scratch
Fresh is always best...

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011




HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!


2010 has been a terrible year for me and my family. My sweet mother and my brother-in-law passed in 2010 . I hope that 2011 will be a better year and that our family can go ONE year without losing anyone.


I have my menu's planned for the first week. I'll take pictures as I go, but to be truthful...I have no idea how to post them here. I will do my best to learn.


One thing on my list is done. To make a menu for the week and stick to it. We have done all the shopping and I know this is doable. I have assigned subjects to the days of the week.


Like...

Monday = Beef

Tuesday = Pork

Wednesday = Pasta

Thursday = Chicken/Turkey

Friday = Fish/soup/chili

Saturday = Leftovers/refrigerator clean-up/order out

Sunday = Crockpot meal


If you would like to see the whole menu...please go to...


I have everything posted there.


I have talked to my husband and he and I agree that Fast Food should not be anywhere near our diets. Not that we are "dieting"...just that we feel that it is not good for us and we have so many other wonderful options. So...No FF for us, for at least 365 days, UNLESS...we are traveling and there are no other viable opitons is the rule for 2011. We can't really see this happening as we watch DDD from the food network. We will always look for a drive-in, diner or dive before we have fast food.

FAST FOOD DOES NOT DO A BODY GOOD!!


Have a wonderful start to a new year. Make something from scratch as it is better for everyone. Take the time to make a menu and cook for only 1 or 2 days a week. Your children will thank you.


Don't forget to visit my recipe box @ http://loupysrecipebox.proboards.com/index.cgi


Blessings and hugs to all.

Loupy

No comments:

Post a Comment