Cooking from Scratch

Cooking from Scratch
Fresh is always best...

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1

Well, best laid plans...are to be broken I guess. Life likes to throw us curves and we usually can't see around the corner. I did cook last week, just not the whole menu and not on the right days...LOL.
Here is last week's menu...
New Years Day 1-1-11
Crock pot scalloped potatoes, peas, salad and Brats cooked on the grill.

Did not care for the potatoes...they were still hard and didn't taste cooked. Probably will not make again.
1-2-11
DH and I not feeling up to par, we just ate left overs from New years Eve and New Years day.
1-3-11
Grilled Chicken, baked potatoes and salad

Easy and Outstanding
1-4-11
Salisbury steak, Rice, salad and green beans

This is my family recipe and it was wonderful!
1-5-11
Spinach Cheese Pasta with chicken

This was outstanding. I would add sun-dried tomatoes to it next time. Great dinner and all in one pan! Will definitely make again.
Adding it into my monthy rotation...
1-6-11
Fish and chips from our favorite restaurant (NOT fast food!) Could really be on Diner, Drive-ins and Dives...LOL. It's called Skuttlebutts and it just a little hole in the wall...but wonderful. Let's just say "Outstanding!"
1-7-11
Sherry Apple Pork Chops, Rice and corn.

Very good. I did not use sherry, I used apple juice instead. Used more than the recipe called for , but that's because I used my electric skillet instead of my "non-working" oven! Will make again!
1-8-11

Big salad. (There was a devastating shooting in Tucson AZ and we were so glued to the TV I didn't cook. For those that don't know, we do live in Arizona. It was heart breaking for all of us.)
1-9-11

Slow Cooker Chicken dinner It had chicken, potatoes and carrots in it. Very good, very filling. Will make again!

Next weeks menu is shaping up like this...just hope we are not thrown too many curves...LOL.

Monday = Grilled Brats with garlic buttered red potatoes
Tuesday = Chili and Honey corn bread
Wednesday = Roasted Turkey
Thursday = Hot turkey sandwiches
Friday = Grilled sirloin steaks, baked potatoes
Saturday = Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Sunday = Crockpot meal



Enjoy your week. I'll be back to report on week 2 soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment